Monday, March 17, 2014

Evaluating and Identifying Online Resources

1.)  http://www.learningandthebrain.com/blog/ 
This first blog is based around the brain and how we learn. This blog focuses on theories of learning and bases their information on resources that are cited. I feel that this blog expresses their opinions as well as backs up what they are saying by providing evidence. Different skills that are involved with learning are examined and discussed. There are methods to use along with the reasons why they should be used. As a teacher, this blog was useful in my everyday life now, and will be useful in the future as well. Another aspect of the blog that I appreciate is the emotional intelligence and part of learning. This is important to understand the effect it can have on our learners as well as myself. 


http://www.simplypsychology.org/information-processing.html
This website provided multiple resources. The link I provided was directly about information processing. However, there is a lot more information involved within the website itself. The website involved many visual images which allowed me to better connect what topic would be discussed and better gain an understanding of the topic as well. The website covers information on social psychology, cognitive psychology, perspectives of psychologists, and developmental psychology. Within each topic there are other sections that are included that support it. They give a background of each theory as well as references in order to cross check the information. I found this website to be more matter of fact rather than opinionated. Information given to like this allows me to analyze and critique it and then find counter arguments that will push my thinking. The pictures and diagrams also allow me to better lay out the information and visualize what the process of learning in a particular theory may look like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment